Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life

How many of you know that It's a Wonderful Life is one of my very favorite movies?

It has such a strong message of hope and plenty of amazing one-liners. Not to mention Jimmy Stewart plays the lead. What could be better? One of my favorite lines from this movie is when a tired and worn down George Bailey comes home to his loving wife, Mary. He questions her about why she even married a man like him. She exclaims she did so because she loves him. He retorts that she could have married anyone in town that she wanted. She lovingly explains,

 I didn't want to marry anybody else in town. I want my baby to look like you.

When I first heard this line, marriage was far from my mind, but I imagined and hoped that I would feel this way about my future husband. And what brings me such joy is that now, several years later, I am married to Jeff. And it's true--I didn't want to marry anybody else in town or, in our case, Rexburg. I only wanted to marry Jeff. And one of the reasons I wanted to marry him is because I want my baby to look like him. And now, we are so incredibly happy and grateful to be able to see the outcome of that desire.

We will be welcoming our first child to our home in early September.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

C'est La Vie said...

YES!!!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Jacquie said...

Congratulations! All the Swanks are having babies! YEH!!!

Megan Ford said...

I love to read your posts you write so eloquently. congrats