Monday, October 25, 2010

Where are all the sheep?

I can't sleep. This is becoming a common occurrence for me. There's the obvious reason for those of you who know me outside of blogworld. But there are other obstacles that keep me from sleeping. All I have to do is guess which stressor is causing the insomnia and then I can go to work to fix the problem. Sounds simple except that I can't put my finger on whatever it is!

Whatever the problem is maybe it could also account for why I seem to be losing fistfuls of hair. What is going on with my body? I feed it, clean it, exercise it, but for some reason it doesn't seem to appreciate all I try to do. It is just deciding to shut down. What did I do to upset you, Body? Please let me know. I am more than willing to make amends.

So here is the Good Health Plan I came up with just now:
Drink water like it's your job
Make "TO DO" lists and do not try to sleep until you've marked off everything for the day
Work out hard enough to help you sleep--this one actually works with a 98% success rate
Stay away from Horkley's and their 44 oz cups filled with delicious Diet Dr. Pepper
Wake up when the alarm tells you to--and don't think you're so clever when you set it for late morning (I know you, remember?)
Eat more "good" fat like avocados, olive oils, nuts--these are good for your hair and skin

And readers, if you think of anything else, please drop me a line. My health depends on it!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Those sound like good suggestions. for yourself! I heard warm milk is good, but that sounds gross! Love you!

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

Oh man, I feel for you! Lately I have been taking Unisom to help me sleep. Works like a gem.