Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm in love


Yesterday was an incredible day. I fell in love. Now some of you may be thinking, "Wait a second, shouldn't you already be in love? You are married aren't you?" And to those people I will say yes to both questions, but that doesn't mean that I cannot fall for the adorable little puppy I met yesterday outside of my local Walmart. 

I was just running a few errands, and I saw a small gathering around the side of the store. I knew what has to be causing the commotion. Puppies. I found a parking spot and walked determinedly toward the scene. There were at least ten of the cutest little bundles of joy that I have ever seen. There were mostly black ones and a couple of brown and black little guys. One girl was about to set a puppy back into the box, so I swooped in and took the sweet thing into my arms. She was so friendly. She gave me lots of little, wet kisses and seemed perfectly content to stay with me forever. I took a picture on my phone and sent it home to Jeff. He told me I could bring her home, probably because he knew I wouldn't do it. It was so hard to walk away from my new friend. We aren't allowed to have pets in our apartment, but she was free! My heart is now broken. I hope little Optimus Prime (O.P.--yeah, so what if I named her?) is doing well and moving on with her life, just as I must find the courage to do as well ;)

4 comments:

Penny said...

I love puppy breath! They are so warm and cuddly!!!

PA Swanks said...

Optimus Prime? You named a sweet, cuddly puppy after a cold metallic giant? Jinkers!
Lov DAD

Megan Ford said...

you will just have to visit my puppy when I get him or her.

Lindsey Martinez said...

awwweee thats dang cute! i'm verry happy that i finally figured out how to look at your blog! =]]]